Accomplished writer and editor with more than 20 years of experience in educational and reference publishing.
- Proficient at tailoring subject matter to specific audiences, ranging from kindergarteners to PhDs.
- Adept at conveying complex concepts to young readers accurately and engagingly.
- Familiar with national and state standards (K12) for science, social studies, and language arts.
- Skills Range: research; writing; rewriting; editing for content accuracy, readability, appropriateness for grade level, and safety concerns; correlating; and copyediting.
Childrens Trade Books
- Cross-curricular activities
- Hands-on science labs and activities
- State-specific test prep and practice
- Standardized tests and other assessments
- Skill-building exercises
- Extension/Enrichment activities
- ELL applications
Full-time Freelance Writer and Editor
Developed quality content from the initial concept phases through to the finished product for clients such as Encyclopaedia Britannica, McDougal Littell, Harcourt School Publishers, Scott Foresman, and many others.
Proof Positive/Farrowlyne & Associates
(January 1995May 1997)
Senior Editor and Project Manager Developed, wrote, and edited teacher editions, pupil editions, and ancillaries for textbook projects. Coordinated schedules and maintained client rapport.
(May 1983December 1994)
Project Coordinator and Senior Copy Editor Developed training procedures and supervised copy editors working on Britannica Online. Copyedited and fact checked Britannicas in-depth scientific articles. Researched and wrote articles for Britannicas yearbooks.
University of Illinois, Bachelor of Arts in English
(Phi Beta Kappa, Deans List)